- "I ran as fast as I could to escape the menace cornucopia. With a score like mine, my chances of surviving it were terrible. I didn't see an arrow come for my head, as everything faded to black. "
- ―Joey's first and only POV of the games.[[src]]
Joey did poor in training, achieving a terrible score of 3 and even worse odds at 33-1.
Joey was one of the weakest tributes of the games, and as soon as the games began, he tried to run away from the cornucopia. This decision was his demise, as he was impaled through the back of the head with an arrow shot by Sedar Seed. His final placing was 24th of 24, which isn't unusual for District 9 tributes.
- He was the first tribute killed in a games written by Summer Salmon.
- He had the lowest score and odds of the games.
- He was one of the two extras (the other being Joshua Cottonseed).